Sunday, May 8, 2016

Our Second Mother's Day Alone...

I miss the card he used to go buy me and have Conner sneak a signature into. I miss the candles or other gifts he would buy. Conner sometimes helped pick them out and sometimes Mike just did it. 

Not very many people understand the sadness that comes to a widow on Mother's Day; I mean after all she does still have her child. 

But the one with whom she created that child is gone. His absence is as big as the sky and cannot be denied. The one who used to take the child out for a bit so she could have some "mom time" is missing. The man who used to wrap his arms around her and say, "thank you for blessing me with our son," no longer whispers in her ear. 

She is missing her other half and every time she looks at the blessing before her, every time she looks into those beautiful brown eyes of her son, her heart smiles because she's glad she's his mom and it weeps because she can no longer celebrate that gift with her husband. 

I hope with all of my heart that you have your husband with you today as you celebrate motherhood. I hope he showers you with adoration and I hope you take not one second of it for granted. 

I love you baby and I miss my card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment